My client has a new and exciting opportunity for a Cyber Essentials Specialist to join their organisation as they embark on achieving Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation.
This is a significant and high-profile project and has implications to its ongoing cyber stance and capability as well as its ability to successfully bid for research grants now and in the future.
As the Cyber Essentials SME you will act as the bridge between IT Services, Projects and the wider community, demonstrating a willingness to be proactive in approach, work collaboratively and be supportive of colleagues.
Working within the infrastructure environment, you will support colleagues responsible for network, firewall, server, storage, backup, identity and security etc, as well as their operations group in support of endpoint systems and endpoint management solutions, aligning these services in support of Cyber Essentials Plus.
This is a highly hands-on role where you will need to be adaptable and flexible in your approach, adept at coordinating and working with an array of team resource in meeting challenging targets and deadlines.
Skills and experience needed;
- A detailed applied and theoretical knowledge and understanding of cyber security.
- A robust knowledge and understanding of latest iterations of NCSC Cyber Essentials Requirements for IT Infrastructure.
- Experience of supporting organisations through security framework accreditation processes such as Cyber Essentials is highly desirable
- Strong experience of engaging with technical teams in the development of supporting infrastructures for security frameworks and acting as a technical bridge between project and delivery teams.
- Effective management skills
- Ability to present policy and procedure and communicate complex technical messages in a way that can be understood by the audience.
- Planning and organisational skills, including project management.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and build relationships
In return they offer; flexible working, generous pension scheme, life insurance
purchase additional Annual Leave, discounts on public transport, Cycle to work Scheme, special rates in hotels in Brighton and the Sussex region. Discounts on high-street shops, along with a cash back health plan and discount on our on-site Gym Facilities